The Dos and Don’ts of Exterior Power Washing
If you’re thinking about power washing the exterior of your home, you’re probably excited about the prospect of a clean, fresh start. But before you start blasting away at your house with the power washer, there are a few things you should keep in mind. Here are some dos and don’ts of exterior power washing:
- Start with a low pressure setting and work your way up. You can always increase the pressure if you need to, but you can’t undo damage that’s already been done.
- Be careful around windows, doors, and other areas where there are gaps or openings. You don’t want to force water into these areas, as it could cause problems down the line.
- Keep an eye out for any areas of your home that might be particularly delicate, such as stucco or brickwork. These surfaces can be easily damaged by high-pressure water, so approach them with caution.
- Use too much pressure. Remember, more is not always better when it comes to power washing. You could end up stripping paint or damaging your home’s exterior if you’re not careful.
- Forget to move the power washer regularly. If you stay in one spot for too long, you run the risk of etching the surface or causing other damage.
- Use harsh chemicals or cleaners. These can be harmful to your home’s exterior and may not even be necessary. In most cases, plain old water will do the trick just fine.
By following these simple dos and don’ts, you can power wash your home’s exterior without worry. Just take your time, be careful, and you’ll end up with a clean, fresh house that’s ready for anything.
Power washing the exterior of your home can be a great way to clean it and prepare it for painting or staining. By power washing your home, you can remove dirt, dust, and other debris that has built up over time. This can not only make your home look cleaner and brighter, but it can also help prepare it for a new coat of paint or stain.
Another benefit of power washing your home is that it can help protect it from the elements. Over time, weather can take its toll on your home’s exterior, causing it to fade, peel, or rot. Power washing can remove these harmful elements and help restore your home to its former glory.
Finally, power washing your home’s exterior is a great way to increase its resale value. A well-maintained home will always fetch a higher price than one that is in poor condition. If you’re thinking about selling your home in the future, power washing the exterior is a great place to start.
Here are a few tips for keeping your home’s exterior clean and looking great:
- Clean the exterior regularly: This doesn’t have to be a big undertaking – simply spraying down the exterior with a hose every now and then will help remove dirt, dust, and other debris.
- Use a pressure washer occasionally: If you have a power washer, use it every few months to give the exterior a more thorough cleaning.
- Protect against the elements: One of the best ways to keep your home’s exterior looking good is to protect it from the elements. Install a roof overhang or gutter system to keep rain and snow from damaging the surface of your home.
By following these tips, you can keep your home’s exterior looking great for years to come.